UPDATE and DISCLAIMER: Please know that when I wrote this post, I was not addressing any one particular person. I bounced over here straight from facebook where when I opened up my "news" there was not one but three items that appeared there that started with "OMG!" I don't even think it was people that I know -- just people commenting on a friend's post. So please don't leave here with condemnation as it probably sounds like I'm dishing out. I'm so sorry! There is therefore now no condemnation... But I guess I just wanted people to be aware that it is becoming more and more acceptable to the world, but not to Him. Let's just be aware! :) I love you all!!
Original Post:
I am going to be as loving as I can be here. But because this is my personal blog I feel that I can climb up on a soapbox anytime I want. You have the option to do a few things: You can (a) stop reading; (b) leave a disagreeing comment; (c) leave an agreeable comment or (d) leave thinking about what I've written. All of those will be just fine with me.
At almost every turn friends, family and Christian people that I come in contact either on facebook, through my blog or through e-mail are finding it increasingly cool and culturally okay to use the abbreviation "OMG."
Can you I just tell you that just because you don't type out the words doesn't mean it is any less offensive and degrading to the Most Holy God? And your continued use of it makes it more difficult for me to parent my children because I have to continually explain that even though well-meaning teenagers and grownups that they know, love and perhaps worship with on Sundays thinks its okay doesn't make it okay.
I'm just sayin'!
"And I will vindicate the holiness of My great name and separate it for its holy purpose from all that defiles it--My name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned among them--and the nations will know, understand, and realize that I am the Lord [the Sovereign Ruler, Who calls forth loyalty and obedient service], when I shall be set apart by you and My holiness vindicated in you before their eyes and yours." Ezekial 36:23 Amplified
Blessings on this cold, cold January night!
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment