Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God's Priorities

I wanted to share with you something I read this morning. You are probably like me -- getting very weary of the bad news regarding our country, the economy and global instabilities. But the truth of the matter is that some mornings I can't even think about those things because what is happening in my little corner of the world is almost too much to bear and requires all my energy -- I can't fix the world's problems when I have the weightiness of my own problems bearing down on me.

This morning I opened up "Praying God's Word Day by Day" and this is what I read. I pray that no matter what you are concerned about today that it will bless you to know that your God has your best interest on His heart and mind.


"Sometimes God may prioritize performing a miracle on our hearts and minds over a miracle concerning our circumstances.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in You, my Lord, I will be joyful in God, my Savior.

For You, Lord, are my strength. You make my feet like the feet of a deer. You enable me to go on the heights (Hab 3:17-19). How inconceivable but true that You can take me to heights far exceeding the depths I have known.

Father, continue to bring me along so that I can rejoice in my sufferings, because I know suffering produces perservance (Romans 5:3)."


Taken from Praying God's Word Day by Day by Beth Moore.


Blessings,
Dori

No comments: