Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I haven't posted a "Thankful Thursday" in a couple of weeks, so here goes:

1. I'm thankful for my little girl! If you look at my past posts you will see that I have referred to her as a challenge, a fireball, a drama queen, a "fit thrower"....and so on. Can I just say that I don't know how or why now, but God has matured this little thang over the past three weeks? She has been the greatest delight to us. She makes us laugh because she is quite witty. She has been patient, kind, respectful...controlled. I'm sure I will still have challenging days with her and I'm sure there are more dramas to be performed and more fits to be thrown, but for now I'm resting in the peace and joy that this season has brought to my life. Lindsey is my baby I thought I would never have. That, in and of itself, is something to be thankful for. So, I'm thankful for the little blonde-haired, blue-eyed bundle that is still sleeping peacefully beside me this morning.

2. I'm thankful for my husband. I watched him walk out the door this morning and realized what a drudgery it must be some mornings to have to get up and go to work and listen to me talk about how we will be at the pool by 10:00 am! He does it all so we can have just what we need and so I can be with his children during the day. What a delight he is! He is the love of my life! As we were sitting in our Bible study class Sunday morning praying for a young father of 4 children who just lost his very young wife to ovarian cancer, all I could do was cry! We prayed because this man is just at a loss without her and I could feel that emotion overwhelm me. What would I do without Butch? Who would make me laugh on those challenging days when I'm tempted to curl up and give up? Who would I go to when I just need a hug or a kiss? I can't imagine the void that I would feel. I love him so and I'm so thankful that God chose me for this man!

3. I'm thankful that my son will be home tomorrow from church camp! I have had some moments when the enemy has tried to make me fear things that could happen, but probably won't. I hate it when he does that!! But this post is about giving thanks and I'm getting off track... I'm thankful that Taylor was able to go and I am still praying that even in this last day and half that God will do an amazing thing in his life -- one that he would not have even imagined and one that will stay with him for the rest of his days!

4. I'm thankful for my God who could have given up on me when I failed Him so miserably! I am thankful for mercy, grace, love, and that He pursues me and is thinking about me all of the time! All of the other things listed above are things I would have never experienced without such a wonderful Savior. I posted on the LPM Blog that I was also thankful for do-overs and I wonder how many do-overs God has given me that, for whatever reason, I didn't even acknowledge or thank Him for? Thank you, God for always giving us second, third, fourth, fifth -- you get the picture -- chances!

How about you? Have you thanked Him today?

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: