I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in
From this time forth, and even for evermore.
~~Psalm 121 KJV
Sometimes it just takes lifting up our eyes to find our help. When worries and problems come, our first reaction is to lose our focus and become downcast. Even our physical posture changes and we hang our head -- sometimes in shame, sometimes in disbelief, sometimes in defeat, sometimes in sorrow.
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. (Psalm 3:3 Amplified)
When I want my children to focus on me and really listen intently to what I need to say to them, I take their face in my hand and make them look at me. I can imagine God comes to us, His children, gently cups His sweet hands underneath our chin and says, "Child, look at Me. I need you to listen to Me. Look to me for I am your very present Help in time of need."
Does your head need lifting today? Look to Him. He is your glory -- the only good thing in you. He is your Protector, your Shield, your Defender, your Waymaker and, yes, He is the lifter of your head.
Have a blessed day in Him,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment