Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Days and Off-Track Ways

I've discovered that I'm not a very good Summertime Blogger! Seems there are too many other things to do in the summer and, of course, the kids are home. Something about having them home for the summer brings a sense of urgency to do things that can't normally be done with the day-to-day responsibilities of school. So, I'm not deliberately not blogging and staying in touch with you all. It's just that there are so many other things that are vying for my time.

I am finding blogging can be habit-forming and I can spend far too much of my day writing on my blog, changing the appearance of my blog, reading other blogs, wishing mine looked like theirs, wondering who designed their blog, thinking of ways I can make mine like theirs, wondering why I haven't gotten as many comments on my blog, trying to decide if a comment is appropriate, responding to comments so people don't feel like I don't acknowledge them, etc. All the while the house is a mess, the kids have watched way too much tv, the pool hasn't been used in days, laundry is piling up, I haven't exercised in forever, God's Word hasn't been cracked in days and life is passing me by -- but, hey, my blog looks good! What's up with that???

Don't get me wrong! Blogging has been one of the biggest blessings in my life lately. I've met new friends and gotten reacquainted with some long lost ones. I've learned new things about my sister-in-law -- he he! I've received encouragement just when I needed it from some very Godly sisters in Christ. It's been great! But I'm feeling a little off course and needing direction on what is the proper way to balance it all.

Ever have a day when you suddenly realize you’re way off track?

God sends a rescue boat into such days.

Jesus positioned higher than the waves
and enjoying a clear view of the shoreline, offers us his oversight:

“Need help getting back on course?”

Wise are the ones who nod
and swim in the direction he points.

~~Max Lucado from Everyday Deserves a Chance


Jesus, I'm sorry that I've ignored Your Word and opted for spending time reading what others say about Your Word. Help me to balance life better -- spending time with You in prayer and letting You speak to me, taking care of my family that You have given me, reaching out to others in the flesh who need ministering to, and, yes, in blogging, too. You are up above it all and know what is the direction that I should take. Help me to be the wise one, choose the better thing, and swim in the direction that You are pointing to. Thank you for loving me that much that You want to lead me in such specific ways.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21)


Have a blessed weekend! Enjoy your family! Find fullness of joy in the presence of Jehovah!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: