So here is what I wrote to her upon receiving her reminder:
Yes, I got LCC all dressed this morning for VBS... and I sang all the way to the church...
"Bible School, Bible School
Everybody ought to go to Bible School
Bible School, Bible School
Everybody ought to go to Bible School...
Welcome, welcome,
Everybody's welcome,
Welcome to our Bible School"
She thought I was crazy, but it sure made me feel good!!
One thing that I have noticed about VBS is that the crafts have gotten a little more elaborate! We were happy with just a few toilet paper rolls, macaroni noodles and glitter....but that isn't good enough anymore! I'm quite sure Martha Stewart is also in the VBS craft curriculum business. I never empty out toilet paper and toss the little roll into the garbage without feeling a little guilty -- I always think, "Now surely someone could use this to make something!" Sadly, most of my rolls go to the recycling center. But I'm thinking that LCC and I might just make something out of one this afternoon. After all, LCC cannot be denied the joy of using something that has been sitting beside an open, flushing toilet for several days and making a place card holder or something like that for the dinner table. Right??? :)
There is nothing more evangelistic and life-changing for children than the opportunity to attend Vacation Bible School. Memories will be made that will last a life-time! Thousands and thousands of children will be hearing the Gospel over the next few weeks. There will be over 1,000 at my church alone during the next 5 days! Pray specifically that God will raise up Mighty Warriors among these little ones. If you have a chance to send your children to a great VBS program or volunteer at your local church you will be blessed!
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. (Matthew 18:1-5)
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment