Just started me to thinking that I have not had that many consecutive days without a conversation with my firstborn. It's going to be tough on this Mom and Dad to wave goodbye and wait 1 day, then another, then another, then another...do you understand what I am saying? I will put my 11 year old, who I watch over like a mother hen, on a bus with 100 or more other children his age and say goodbye for 5 days! He may bug the snot out of me some days, but 5 days is a long time not to hear "I love you, Mom" or just feel his long arms wrap around my neck when I'm sitting at my desk working or standing in the kitchen cooking.
But He has a Father who is way more protective than I am over him. His Abba Father watches him even more closely than I and these days were prepared for him in advance. I know He has something special for Taylor next week and I can't wait to see it unfold!
Some time back, I was reading in the Psalms. I felt really burdened for God to give me a scripture to pray over Taylor. And, as is sometimes the case, I couldn't stay awake long enough to have anything "hit" me. So after I had dosed off for a few minutes, I opened my eyes and they landed right down on this passage in Psalm 86. God really did say to me, "Pray this for Taylor." From time to time I will think of it and do that. But I honestly think it is "for such a time as this." So next week as he goes off to camp, I'm praying that God will teach him truth and that he will learn to walk in it.
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. (Psalm 86:11-12)
If you think about my boy -- if his name or this post crosses your mind -- would you mention His name to God for me? Ask that the Holy Spirit will set him on fire this next week and that Taylor will come back with a fiery love for God that nothing or no one can put out. Pray that Taylor has a lot of fun in the process!
Blessings,
Dori
P.S. Mom could use a few extra prayers, too, if you happen to think of me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment