Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thoughts from Thursday

Just reflecting on the day...rather randomly I might add...


...Right this minute I'm thinking about my poor husband. He's on-call this week (Healthcare Information/Technology) and also got assigned to oversee an upgrade tonight! Makes for a very long day of work. I love him so! He works so hard for our family and gets very little reward or thanks. He is the love of my life. We met over 15 years ago and I still get the flutters when I think of him. He sure is longsuffering when it comes to putting up with me! He deserves an award for that alone! A mighty fine man, indeed!


...Just finished helping my son prepare for the State Bible Drill competition next Saturday. He amazes me with his scripture memory! I make dozens of excuses on why I can't memorize scripture and yet, none of them holds water! The simple fact is that I don't take the time to do it. Anyway, I'm so proud of his hard work! He still has a few scriptures in the upper end of the New Testament that he hasn't mastered, but I know that he will do just great and step up to the challenge when the time comes.


"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." (Psalm 119:9-16)



...My little angel (she's 5) said this to me today, "Mommy, when you 'pass on' can I have your cell phone?" Random thought from a very funny little girl! I hope there is more that I leave her than a cell phone when I "pass on."


"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." (Deuteronomy 7:9)



...I'm going to be an aunt again. My sweet sister-in-law, Lauren, is expecting Baby No. 2! She is such a great Mom and I could never begin to tell how God has changed that girl. He got a hold of her and she can't stop talking about Him. It is an amazing thing to see! It is a challenge to me to never lose the thrill, excitement and delight of serving Jesus!


"I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you - I, whom you have redeemed. My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long..." (Psalm 71:22-24)



...My friend, Tina Hutchison, is in concert tomorrow night and we are going to see her. She is not only extremely talented, but she loves the Lord with everything she has within her. Everything she does and says is for His fame, not her own, and I'm so glad that she and I are getting "reacquainted!" You should go to her website at www.holdingouthope.org and listen to or better yet ORDER her CD. I just got a copy myself this week and it has been playing nonstop at my house. Tina, I CAN'T WAIT!!


"Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might." (Psalm 21:13)



...I went to the Lifeway website today and watched a recap video from the Deeper Still conference with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer that was held back in March. This same conference is coming to Nashville in September and I CAN'T WAIT! I just got an e-mail today from the volunteer coordinator for the event and she told me the first prayer gathering is coming up on May 8th for the conference. I'm excited to be a part of that and I'm thrilled to see what God will do as a result -- not only in my life but in the lives of all who attend. A friend of mine was at the conference (travels with Travis Cottrell) and he told me in Sunday School on Sunday, "I know I'm a guy and this is supposed to be a girl thang, but when I'm at these conferences I hang on every word and take pages and pages of notes." He said the event in San Francisco was phenomenal and he can't wait for Nashville. His wife needs a ticket, so if ANYONE has a ticket for the Nashville event let me know.


Well, the kiddies are in bed. My man just called to say he is on his way home. I love the quiet and stillness of the house in the wee hours of the morning or late at night like this. I have this burning desire just to go and sit in my living room and say, "Speak Lord!" Reminds me of a Martha Munizzi song:


There is a sweet anointing in this sanctuary
There is a stillness in the atmosphere
Come and lay down the burdens you have carried
For in this sanctuary God is here.

He is here, He is here
To break the yoke and lift the heavy burden
He is here, He is here
To heal the hopeless heart and bless the broken
Come and lay down the burdens you have carried
For in this sanctuary God is here

Speak Lord, Speak Lord
Speak Lord, Speak Lord

Come and lay down the burdens you have carried
For in this sanctuary God is here.



Have a fantastic Friday and spend time with Him!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: