"My God is so BIG, so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do!"
This is a song that we used to sing when I was a little girl. Every now and then I'll get the kids to sing it with me in the car. I love to hear them sing it and they love to scream the word BIG! Who can blame them? I happen to believe the "bigness" of God is something mighty amazing to scream about!
Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, I write on this blog is not simply for me to encourage you and only you. God is teaching me alot. I'm amazed at the time He spends drawing me to read His Word and how He desires for me to study it. I'm thrilled that He takes that kind of time with me. He wants me to believe what I read in His Word! He wants me to believe what I write on this blog! He wants you to believe what He tells you through His Word. Why does He take the time? Because He wants us to believe Him and then believe Him for even more! What's even more astounding is the fact that when we exhaust every ounce of "believability" in the greatness of our God that we have in this mortal body, there is still more about Him to believe! At the risk of sounding like Beth, "He's Huge! He's Huge!" And we have only just begun! Praise You, Lord!
God wants to delight us with how big He can be on our behalf. I have found that I haven't seen enough of the greatness of God because I simply have not asked. God is involved in every intricate detail of our lives and we are right to pray about every single detail. How often, however, do we pray generalities -- "bless our home, help us with this, we need that, bless our food, etc."
When was the last time we really asked God for something miraculous in our lives? Where in your life do you need the greatness and glory of God to be revealed -- His miracle working power to be displayed? I heard Andy Stanley, pastor at Northpoint Church in the Atlanta area, ask his listeners to take a chance and pick one great thing to take to God and ask Him for it over and over for the next 12 months. Now don't get robotic with it and just do it for the sake of doing it. Really believe that He is more than able and He is still a miracle-working God who can do wonders! At the end of the year, what amazing testimony do you think you and I will have based on who God says He is and what He says He can do? He is waiting to show Himself strong on our behalf. Let's do it -- let's let Him be HUGE for us!!
"How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. (2 Samuel 7:22)
Believing Him,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment