We went to the State Bible Drill Competition yesterday and my 11 year old boy made State Winner Superior, which means he missed only 1 out of the 24 questions during the competition. I'm so proud of him!! There were 24 scriptures to memorize, 10 key passages in the Bible that they had to be able to find and quote chapter and verse, and they had to know the Bible books and find a randomly called book in 10 seconds! Taylor got called out to quote one of the longest scriptures that was in the competition and he did it flawlessly. What a moment!
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)
One of my mother's cousins said, "Taylor, do you realize that what you have accomplished by memorizing these scriptures is something that people who have been Christians their entire lives have never done?" I stood there and heard over and over in my head all of the excuses that I give for not memorizing scripture.
Anyway, just wanted to take a moment and boast on my sweet boy! I was so proud!
Oh, which question did he miss, you ask? He had a misstep in trying to find the Book of Joel.
Well......could YOU find Joel in 10 seconds??? :)
Have a great Sunday!
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment