Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Randoms...

HOME
I'm spending alot of time at home these days. I know that when I go out to do anything I am tempted to spend money on whatever -- a quick trip to Target, Starbucks, fastfood, etc. So I'm trying to remove that temptation. Goodness knows there is plenty to do around here!

WORK
Received a contract for a new writing assignment last week and looking forward to diving into it. Freelance work is picking up with the Convention preparations being made. January through March slow up, but the rest of the year is quite busy. Thankful for this little extra paycheck each month!

KIDS
Taylor was invited to go and study at Appalachian State University for 3 weeks this year as a result of his score on his ACT test (first time taking it -- in 7th grade!). But he's not ready, I'm not ready and WOW is it ever expensive!! :) Maybe next summer when he matures a little bit. Both kids are doing great in school! Lindsey is convinced that her teacher is a superstar and arrives to school in a helicopter! I love what she comes up with sometimes!!

MARRIAGE
I love my husband! We have actually been able to start going on a few dates here and there again and I'm loving that time with him. One thing I love about my man is that he LOVES to travel. We have five trips on the calendar from now until October -- nothing fancy -- but we're not "fancy travelers." We just love going!! I just love going with him. Hey, we're "going together!" Haven't said that in awhile!!! :)

CHURCH
We had 37 2nd graders on Sunday morning. They are the best bunch of kids ever!! We have two in our class though that are hurting because of recent divorces. So painful. Our commitment is over at the end of May and we are trying to decide for sure if we want to renew for June. Lots of things going through our minds. Pray for clarity.

BIBLE STUDY
I am loving the study of the book of Esther. I had no idea the richness of this book and I can't believe how Beth is drawing things out that would have never occurred to me. I am working on Week 6 homework this week. It's been a blast spending this time with 28 of the sweetest women!! I purchased my Living Proof Live ticket for Memphis over the weekend. I really can't wait for this time to meet up with friends! It will be wonderful! Let me know if you are going!

GOD
I'm learning so much by deliberately memorizing His Word. I am having a blast taking the scripture and letting it RENEW me by Reading it, Examining it, Needing it, Echoing it and Wielding it! (Thanks Beth for the tutorial!) I love how He speaks to us through His Word. There is not one single scripture that I've taken on that He hasn't allowed me to use to encourage and strengthen another person -- not one! He is faithful and His Word is eternal! I'm also still chewing on this post. By the time I get around to commenting my thoughts Melissa won't even care, but it is a good read and a very good thought-provoking piece!!

New Scripture for the Scripture Memory Challenge:
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV

WORSHIP
The thought comes to mind often these days: "The louder our worship gets the more response we get from the congregation, but is the sound deafening to our Lord's ears? Is He impressed with our volume? He doesn't look on the outside -- the appearance of worship, the noise of worship, the show of worship. He looks on the heart. Are we really worshipping Him in spirit and in truth? Is our worship really for Him or for us?" Just things that are making me think...

What are your randoms?

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: