A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers. (John 4:23)
After coming down from the choir yesterday morning after our worship time, I said something interesting to my husband: "Honey, if I die before Julie Goss will you have her sing at my funeral?" A strange thing to randomly say on a delightful Sunday morning, but I meant every word! My ever-so-clever husband had to come back with his quick wit and say, "Should I go ahead and book her now?"
Our worship time at our sweet church is incredible. Yes, we have lots of talented people who sing week after week. But yesterday morning, Julie got "called out" from the choir by our pastor to sing a chorus of the song we were in the middle of. As she walked to the middle of the stage, she just humbly bowed a knee and began to sing:
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
There's just something about that name.
Master, Savior, Jesus,
Like the fragrance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
Let all heaven and earth proclaim.
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away
But there's something about that name.
Julie is not only an incredibly gifted singer, but she has the heart of a true worshiper. I've been in prayer groups with Julie before and as I've listened to her talk to God and plead on behalf of family and friends, I've been blown away by her authenticity, her humility and her heart to just be Jesus to everyone she meets. Not only is Julie all of these things, but good grief -- she is hilarious! She's just someone who is head over hills in love with Jesus and because of all of that she is living the overflowing and magnificently abundant life that Jesus gives to those whom He finds that are sincere and completely sold out for Him. I'm sure she would be the first to admit that life is not always perfect, but because of Jesus it is always blessed.
She's blessed with all of this and more and I'm blessed to know her! If you are at Deeper Still this weekend, give a shout out to Julie. She'll be leading worship during the weekend with Travis and his team.
And Julie, if you ever happen upon this blog entry -- don't be embarrased! I just had you on my mind and I was so thankful that I know you and that I am blessed everytime you give your sacrifice of praise! It brings me closer to Jesus. I'm challenged to bring whatever shred of a gift I have before the Father every chance I get and do it in spirit and in truth. I'm grateful to know you, girl!
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment