Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Unfailing Love

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)


Most High God, who are we that You would come to us when we seek You with all our hearts? Your Word not only promises that You will be found when we earnestly seek You, but Hebrews 11:6 says that You will reward us in the process. But I don't want to get caught up in Your rewards and Your blessings. I want to be captured by You, O God!

Your unfailing love is promised to us -- an everlasting and endurable lovingkindness that we cannot imagine nor can we emulate. There is no equal, no rival, to the love that You have lavished on us, Your children. Isaiah 54:10 says that even if the mountains and the hills should give way -- things that should never give way -- even if they do, Your love for me will endure. And Your covenant of peace will never end. A covenant that promises completeness, safety, soundness, welfare, health, prosperity, quiet, tranquility, contentment, and friendship -- yes, friendship with You, O God!

Help me live everyday like Priscilla Shirer challenged us this weekend -- with a GOD AWARENESS! That Your unfailing and everlasting love comes with Your neverending presence in our lives.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139:7-10)


On my face before You,
Dori

No comments: