I love the Fall for so many reasons -- kids are back in school, football games and tailgating (no, I'm not a UT fan...shhhhhhh....don't tell Patty!), cooler weather (hopefully!), etc. But one of the most wonderful things about the Fall is that it is the time of year when there are kick-offs all across the country of Bible studies in churches.
Our discipleship ministry at my church has some great studies that they are offering this year. If I wasn't facilitating one I would have such a difficult time deciding on which to attend -- they are just that good!!
Personally I have been asked to facilitate Believing God -- again! :) I say that not with dread, but with great excitement. You see, I honestly believe that Believing God is a study that should be taught year 'round and to every age group and gender. (Oh how I wish Beth read my blog so that maybe, just maybe, she would be inspired to write a children's and youth version!)
I have facilitated BG at least twice and sat in as a participant once. Now before you accuse me of getting hooked on one study and gently nudging me to "move on," I want you to understand that I don't open it up time and time again for me. I absolutely cannot describe the feeling that I get when I see women of all ages open their eyes to faith and believing God for the first time. It's incredible. I can also say that God has let this study hit my heart three entirely different ways. I have led other studies over the years, but God continually brings me back to this study every so often. Usually the season of my life warrants it. It ushers in a new chapter of my walk with Him. I'm anxious to see what He is up to this go around!
This time is extra special because I will spend Friday and Saturday night at Deeper Still under the teaching of Beth, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer and then on Sunday there will be at least 12 of us that crack this study and sit with Him who promises that in His presence there is fullness of joy! Studying His Word is not drudgery -- it is sheer joy!! So I ask you all to pray for me as I embark on this never-ending journey of believing God.
Now, how about you? Are you participating in, facilitating or teaching a study this Fall and may I have the delight of praying for you? Comment here and let me know what your Fall Bible study plans are. I love to hear how God is working and moving in the lives of men and women as they sit at His precious feet and learn from Him....The Teacher.
If you are leading a study this Fall, let me share this with you. It is a familiar passage, but I read it as an encouragement to leaders in general. Joshua was leading the children of Israel to a physical Promised Land. Any one of us that has the privilege of guiding a group in the study of God's Word is also leading people to a spiritual Promised Land -- a blessed place flowing with milk (God's precious Word) and honey (the sweetness of our God). Let us taste and see that He is, indeed, very good! Amen?
"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:6-9)
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment