Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect! I have a vice of stopping on some of these outrageous reality shows late at night and seeing how utterly depraved some people can be. And then there is the occasional comedy that is in syndication now that I just can't seem to tune out. God is really working on me on that! Sometimes it is like looking at the sun -- I just can't turn it off! Oh, but I can, can't I? Lord, help me desire You and Your Word more than I desire to feed my flesh with this awful stuff!
I would have to say that most of the television I watch, however, is whatever is on the cable news networks. I do have my favorite mostly "fair and balanced" network, but I surf them all. What I have seen this week has been astounding! People getting all upset and out of sorts because someone chose to defame Jesus' name on an awards show! Apparently, a well-known comedienne decided to hold up a golden statue and declare that Jesus had nothing to do with her accomplishment and that she now worships the award -- that IT is her god now.
To be honest, I have wondered a thousand times this week, "So, what else is new?" and "How hypocritical can one industry be?" The television and motion picture industry, by and large, has made a boatload of money on how many times they can criticize all things of the Christian faith and using the Name above all Names in as many shocking and blasphemous ways possible. And, as I've heard it said many times and believe it with all my heart, whether or not they acknowledge that He is the one true God doesn't make Him anything less! But...
ONE DAY THEY WILL...
...Acknowledge His righteousness and strength
...Come to Him and be brought to shame
...Fall on their knees and proclaim that He is Lord
"Gather together and come; assemble, you fugitives from the nations. Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save. Declare what is to be, present it - let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, 'In the LORD alone are righteousness and strength.'" All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame. (Isaiah 45:20-24)
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)
On a side note, this week in our Believing God session we were reminded that there is a Name that no one has ever heard spoken -- it is a Name that only God Himself knows. It is spotless, undefamed and unmaligned and one day we will all shout it and proclaim that He is Lord! One day they will, too! I can't wait to hear that blessed Name, can you?
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself." (Revelation 19:11-12)
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment