We had a great weekend out of town. We meet up with my husband's family from West Virginia every year in Lexington. This year there were 27 of us! We took over the hotel and had a blast! We laughed until we cried. There were kids everywhere -- lots of little kids this year.
We came home Monday night to a snowy Williamson County. We couldn't believe that our entire drive home was fine until we hit our county line. The snow began to fall like crazy and the roads suddenly became quite slick. It was apparent that there would be no school and soon we got that call. We have used 7 of the 10 days built into our school year for snow. I can't remember a year since I was in highschool that we have had that happen! Keep in mind that Tennesseans let out school for even a hint of wintry weather and a couple of the days have been more like "rain days." At first we were excited to have them. But now that we are halfway through February and we have only had one full week of school since Christmas, this Mom is ready for her routine back!
So today is the first day back for school and Lindsey is home sick!! She started feeling bad yesterday afternoon and by bedtime was running almost a 101 fever. We are headed to the doc in a few, but I think it is strep. I'll be surprised if it isn't because of all the symptoms.
And a quick bullet list of randoms before I head off to finally get in the shower!
- Our heat went out downstairs and it will be Friday before they fix it. We woke up with the thermostat showing 57 downstairs! But since it was 23 outside and we slept in sweats and snuggled...it wasn't so bad!
- My friend, Jennifer, is blogging over at Home by Faith. I love her dearly and especially love her writing. She is a homeschooling mom of two boys and has quick reads full of wisdom! Check her out. She'll hate that I did this -- she is just that humble!
- Happy Birthday to my sweet nephew, Lucas!
- I'm having ongoing conversations with advisors about my son's high school schedule next year! HIGH SCHOOL!!! Wasn't he just a toddler yesterday? Any prayers you pray for him will not be wasted as it looks like he will be in all honors classes. His world is about to be rocked! So is mine, I'm afraid!! You know that baby brand of products called "Just One Year?" I feel like I have a brand on his forehead that reads "Just 4 More Years." Lord, can you stop time like you did for Joshua??
I've had this passage on my heart for the past 24 hours nonstop. I have thought about it while I have gone to sleep and think it about the minute I wake up. Maybe you need to hear it, too:
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35, 37-39 NIV
Thank you, God, that even when our wandering hearts make us feel separated from You at times, You never stop loving us. Thank You for so great a salvation and so great a love!
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment