I was thinking about the Living Proof Live Simulcast that I helped to coordinate at our church this past August. Beth Moore taught on Psalm 37. She explained the literary composition of this passage and that it was written in a way that it would be easy to memorize based on the Hebrew Alphabet.
She challenged us with this: She used to warn people that were really battling the enemy coming at them that they needed to memorize scripture. But she said she had changed her mind. EVERYONE needs to be memorizing scripture. She suggested that we follow David's lead and memorize scripture by the alphabet.
Today, I spent some time putting together a MSWord file to be printed on 4x6 notecards for me to use personally and with my children.
You can do a couple of things with this.
For example, you can spend $1.29 at Walgreen's for an acrylic 4x6 photo frame that has a magnet to put on your fridge. You can tackle one scripture each week and put it on the fridge in your frame. You can do the same with a frame that sits on the bathroom counter.
Another example might be something I just did for a friend who was going to have a biopsy. I can tell you that it had to be an idea from God because I'm not that sensitive to think to do it AND it was the perfect gift for her. She thanked me for it again this week.
Go to the dollar store and buy an inexpensive photo album. Buy the kind that you just throw in your purse. I mean CHEAP! If you want to spend money on the fancy ones that is fine. But the one I used literally was less than $2. For Robin, I filled it with scriptures on God's peace, His healing and His joy.
For your family, you can use it a couple of different ways. Print out the cards and put them in the photo album and keep it with you or keep it where your family members can read it. Maybe leave it on the table and every night at dinner work on a scripture together.
You can pull together your own scriptures, but if you want my file I will be happy to send it to you. Just e-mail me at doricook (at) bellsouth (dot) net.
Beth also challenged us to get a partner. Go for it! Whatever it takes for us to get some scriptures in our mind...let's do this!!
"Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by any evil." Psalm 119:133 NLT
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment