Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thank You!

Update: The article is done and I'm so grateful for your input. I also have to say that Jennifer Rothschild was so gracious to offer some input and what she had to say was exactly what I needed to polish off the piece. I can't wait to do her new study, Me, Myself & Lies. Thank you again everyone for your help!

I just finished reading through each and every response that I got to my survey regarding women and the struggle to be perfect. I had over 25 women who responded and I cannot tell you how many times I said outloud, "Yes! THAT is so good!!"

Since the responses were anonymous, I felt like it was okay to share a couple that really stood out to me. There are so many good ones and I will try and share those as well in the coming days.

"God's Word puts my focus on Him and His plans for my life. As I release my plans of perfection and completion to Him, He releases me from that focus."

"Women of the past worked together just to survive, but we don't have that issue today. Life should be simpler and easier for us, but it isn't. We have more fluff activities and more time on our hands to examine what we are doing and what others are doing. It's a lot different when you have time to think about your decorating style versus your neighbor's, instead of both of you working together to prepare the catch of the day just so everybody has food."

"It was a great day when I read Proverbs 31 and no longer saw it as the standard I couldn't meet or the list I had to check off to be a good woman. Instead, I saw it as God's love letter to me. The God of the universe took almost a whole chapter of the Bible to talk about all of the little unseen things women do all day for their families. Now I read Proverbs 31 and think, 'God sees me washing these dishes and picking up the dirty laundry my family leaves on the floor and finding bargains at the grocery store...' He wrote a chapter to let me know that when nobody else sees what I'm doing, He does...every itty bitty little thing. And He likes it! I must be pretty important to Him. I must be okay!"


And those were just three quotes that stood out at first glance! You girls are so full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing that with me! I can't wait to get to work on this article.

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: