And then...chaos ensued.
Did I mention that he is growing?
Did I mention that I had to buy those dress pants just last night because he had outgrown all his others?
Did I mention that I had donated his dress shoes to Goodwill just 2 weeks ago and had totally forgotten?
Did I mention that when I remembered this, the bus was coming up the hill?
So after a frantic 90 seconds, the thought occurred to me. His Daddy's penny loafers!
I ran back to the closet, grabbed them off the shelf and literally prayed all the way back to the kitchen that they would fit.
And somehow they did!
And here I am...the mother of an almost 13 year old, whose shoes I used to be able to hold in the palm of one hand! And I watched him walk down the sidewalk this morning in his Daddy's size 10's. How and when did that happen??
What a fine young man his Dad and I have had the privilege of watching grow. We are thankful that God, in spite of our lack of ability to parent worth a hill of beans, has his hands on Taylor. He has gifted him with an unbelievable and beautiful mind that can process and analyze beyond anything that we would have dreamed for him. And yet he is sensitive, thoughtful, loving and caring.
Thank you, God, for allowing me the joy of being part of Your plan for Taylor's life. Help me not forget that even though his stature may be taller, he is still a child and in need of gentle and loving guidance. Guide us as we journey through the next few years. Above all, help Taylor grow in the grace and knowledge of You. Help Him to see Your path and walk clearly in Your truth...Help Him to walk in His Daddy's shoes for the remainder of His days!
"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. (Psalm 86:11-12)
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment