I probably have a dozen posts by this same name. It's my little way of saying that this post is a "all things random" kind of post.
We had a good weekend -- by good I don't mean perfect. It came with some challenges that is for sure. My sweet girl is dealing with some pretty serious disruptions to her sleep. I want to understand what is causing them so much and really praying for this child. I hate to see her struggle like this and it takes a toll on all of us. So if you think about it, would you say a little prayer for her? I'm compiling a list of scriptures to pray over her and if anything comes to mind, do share! Okay?
Saturday the boys headed up to Kentucky for a very cold football game. Lindsey and I stayed warm and dry and went to see Madagascar 2. It was very cute and just the sound of Ben Stiller's voice makes me laugh, but it is like every other movie and television show that is geared towards children. There is always inappropriate, adult-like humor mixed in. Nothing filthy, just things that make you go, "Hmmmm...I don't think my 7 year old necessarily needs to hear this right now." I understand why they do it, I think, because I was kind of surprised at how many couples I saw at this movie -- with no children in tow! Kind of funny, I thought.
Sunday is a full day at The Cook House! Not much resting going on here. We taught 2nd grade yesterday morning, then Butch attended a leadership meeting after church, and then we were back at 5:00 to teach children's choir and Bible Drill. It's a full day and so on Mondays all I want to do is take my Sunday afternoon nap! :) I remember when I was a little girl that my parents were SERIOUS about Sunday afternoon naps. Now that I am a grown-up I definitely get it! We would come home from church, eat lunch, then I would strip down (hope I don't get any weird google searches because I just used the term "strip down" - ugh!) to our little Sunday "slips" (did anyone else wear a slip under their dresses when they were little girls and do they still make slips?) and off to bed we would go. I think the Sunday nap ritual should be resurrected in Christian homes. I know for sure that our 2nd graders on Sunday night might be a bit more manageable and less hyper if they did that! :)
I'm trying to get out of the house more because I have become quite the hermit lately. If I'm not careful I will sit in my pj's entirely too long, stay on the computer way too long, and then I'm no good to anyone. So, after today's household things are done, I'm going to go run a few errands -- mainly returning some clothes that I bought for me and Lindsey over the weekend. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend and stop by and see how things are with my parents and my grandmother.
Just life, you know?
So that this post isn't completely wasted on the mundane and before I put you completely to sleep, I found an Oswald Chambers quote this morning that I think of often. It is from the February 8 reading of My Utmost for His Highest:
"The resounding evidence of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life is the unmistakable family likeness to Jesus Christ, and the freedom from everything which is not like Him."
Dear God, as we go through our sometimes mundane, ordinary and uneventful days, would You let Your Holy Spirit wash us clean of anything that needs to go -- those things that look nothing like You? I love You, Jesus. And as I prayed this morning would You stop me dead in my tracks if I am every drawn to lesser loves? Amen.
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment