I'm so overwhelmed with God's goodness over my life and the life of my family. Surely I could be a better steward of what He has done for me. Sadly, I pass one opportunity after another and make one mistake after another. I pray that God will stop me in my tracks next time I'm tempted to waste His lovingkindness in my life and help me not forget His benefits.
Perhaps it is just remembering a new friend this morning that is causing me to think this way. I met her just yesterday at church. Her son and my daughter are in the same 1st grade class. They just moved here in January -- a delayed move because she was diagnosed with Stage IV melanoma...a young mother with two very young children in the fight for her life.
But do you know what she is doing? She said yesterday that she has nothing else to do right now so she is going through not one, but two, indepth Bible studies -- Living Beyond Yourself and Daniel.
So if you think about it today, would you pray for my friend? Her name is Melissa. Pray for healing. Pray for God to be so real to her as she reads His Word. Pray for peace. Pray for comfort. Pray that I will seek out ways to minister to her.
Pray that the Body of Christ will extend His hands to her.
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment