Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Little Things

Things I miss while lying in bed with the flu:

1. Hugs from my kids -- trying not to spread germs.
2. Kisses from my husband -- trying not to spread germs.
3. Walking in my neighborhood if I have a mind to.
4. The way my house used to smell before Lysol.
5. Good TV -- there is very little on worth watching I have found.
6. Talking to my friends on the phone -- no energy
7. Doing my freelance work without feeling totally drained
8. A good hair day
9. Makeup
10. Contact Lenses
11. Being able to taste my food
12. A homecooked dinner -- even if I have to do the cooking

Surely, this thing will pass soon! I'm going a little crazy here!!

I've also learned some things by watching too much television over the past few days:

1. There is a foot pad that draws toxins from your body while you sleep. This commercial grosses me out and they play it over and over and over and over and over and over again during the day!!

2. Scott Baio (Chachi from Happy Days) is 46 and pregnant! 46!?! How can that be seeing that he still has the same hairstyle and looks exactly the same? Is he really pregnant??

3. Donny Osmond is the new co-host on The Insider and he still wears purple shirts! Did you know that I went to an Osmond concert when I was 8 and dressed head to toe in purple in hopes Donny would spot me from the crowd?

4. Everything Rachael Ray cooks these days looks exactly the same -- like slop poured over rice, noodles or bread. And why does everyone applaud her for doing things that any cooking show host should be able to do -- chop garlic, pour olive oil (EVOO) into a pan, run a food processor, etc.? I don't get it! And why does her voice always sound so hoarse?

5. Apparently the FDA released warnings yesterday that Tamiflu can cause psychotic behavior.

6. Did you know I'm taking Tamiflu??

Pray, friends, pray -- I'm going crazy being all cooped up in this house!!!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: