I just sat on the sofa for about 30 minutes with my 12 year old boy studying for upcoming Bible Drill competitions in April. Usually we have worked hard by now and have most of the scriptures ready to go, but something about the first 2 months of 2008 has caused us to not make it a priority.
I'll be honest. I needed some quality time with my boy. Goodness gracious, being 12 is so stinkin' hard for him and me, too! It seems that I'm always saying "no" to something and he's always calling me "mean." It's just a hard time of life.
So, I loved these quiet minutes sitting with him on the couch, encouraging him to hide the Word and watching God speak through him. The kid can memorize scripture!
And when I have these times with him it challenges me to hide the Word more in my own heart. Despite all of my excuses it isn't that hard. I realized today if I would just use the same techniques that I use with him and learn the scriptures that he has to learn for Bible Drill, we would both benefit. He would make Bible Drill State Superior again and I could overcome this huge obstacle that keeps me from memorizing scripture.
Together, we both build an arsenal of weapons against anything that comes our way --
That's the living, active, powerful and effective Word of the Living God!
So will you join me right now:
"Trust in the ____________ with all your ____________ and lean not on your _______ ___________________. In all your ways _______________________ Him and He _______ ________________ your __________ straight." Proverbs ___: __ - __
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment