Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Your Word is Life

Had a wonderful celebration with the little darling yesterday -- she is officially 6 years old now!

We have a new furry friend -- a butterscotch stuffed bear, dressed as a cowboy, named Drake. I'll have to post pictures whenever I find time to get them off my camera. The bear was $55, but the look she had on her face as she went to bed all cuddled up with her new friend was PRICELESS!!

Yesterday, I was checking the Living Proof Ministries Blog and watched the recap video from Albuquerque. As always, the video was set to music -- this time it was "Your Word is Life to Me" on Travis' new CD FOUND. (Many of you will remember this is the song featured on the Daniel Bible study.) I watched the video for about a 30 seconds then closed my browser. Lindsey came flying from the other room yelling "Turn that back on! Turn that back on!! I LOVE that song! I heard that song at my church!!" She had indeed heard it a couple of weeks ago as our choir did our Spring Concert and Travis performed this song as part of the night's celebration. He also did "Annie's Song" and his classic, "Moses."

Well, I had to play the song again -- twice, as a matter of fact. I then played "Annie's Song" for her while she danced around the living room. Then she looked at me and said, "Now Momma, play 'm-m-m-m-m-Moses!'"

How interesting that she would say that "Your Word is Life to Me" is one of her favorite songs! I had just prayed earlier in the day for her and said, "LORD, thank you for my sweet Lindsey. I pray that this is the year that she will fall head over heels in love with You and choose to follow close after you for the rest of her days. LORD, let her learn to love Your Word for it is life to her."

You are the Word, my one desire;
An all consuming holy fire;
The very breath that I am longing for.
My heart is desperate for Your ways.
Refine me in Your holy place
If that is what it takes to know You more.
You are the truth that sets me free.
Your Word is life to me.

YOUR WORD IS LIFE TO ME
Words & Music by Travis Cottrell/David Moffitt
.


This completely confirmed the prayer that I need to pray over Lindsey AND Taylor, for that matter -- that they will love the Word of God and know that is life to them. It also challenges me to dive deeper and deeper into Truth!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: