Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This is the Day...

I must have listened to it 20 times throughout the day yesterday. I simply couldn't get it out of my mind. It was all-consuming.  The song had these simple, but beautiful words:

"This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice. I will give thanks."

Little did I know that today -- this day -- those words would be tested on me.

I received a call that rocked my foundations tonight. My Mom is very sick. The diagnosis is not confirmed yet. But words like "large masses" and "pre-cancerous or cancerous" somehow don't give a sense that everything is going to be alright.

But if I am going to resolve that He is worthy of my praise on the good days, I have to be resolved to praise Him on the not so good days.

What a privilege to be in the hand of God when life's sands are shifting underneath my feet.

"This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice. I will give thanks."

Happy Thanksgiving,
Dori

No comments: