Tuesday, October 21, 2008

News Blues




That was the term my friend, Sara, referred to when I set my Facebook and Twitter status to something that read like this:

"Dori is feeling a little down. :("

Anybody but me watching a little too much election coverage? My blog is seriously neglected and I can't seem to get anything else accomplished. It might just be time to turn off the TV and pray instead.

With that in mind, I want to challenge you with something our pastor mentioned the other day. He basically said, as Christians we do not have the luxury of separating God's moral law set forth in his Word from the heart of our politics. In other words, we are not to cast our vote because of which candidate we think can best help the economy. We are not to choose based on oil prices, the stock market, trade agreements, or even wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. We must look at the candidates and choose based on which one will more closely make decisions based on what is right and what is wrong in God's economy. I am convinced that according to God's Word if we vote for a person who has openly said that he will oppose laws that prohibit the killing of unborn babies then we are choosing to go against God. We are choosing evil over good. We are choosing sin over obedience.

I know there may be some that will disagree. That is your right. But please tell me where in God's Word does it say that we can set aside moral obligations just because our wallets and portfolios may not be in the best condition?

I also want to challenge you to encourage your churches to open up their sanctuaries for prayer on Election Day. Our church is doing this and bringing in "worship leaders" to come and be the watchmen as people come to the altar and pray throughout the day. The time has come to fall on our faces before God, humble ourselves, and ask Him to be merciful.

I apologize for my scattered thoughts, but I just have a spiritual weight on my shoulders that I have not experienced in a long time. Perhaps it is not the time to blog. Maybe I won't be back on this viritual page until after November 4. I can't say for sure.

But I challenge you to pray. I challenge you to seek His face.

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: