Yesterday's show was about plants...I think...or something like that. At any rate, his grandmother shared with him about how toilet paper has evolved throughout history. (I know -- this is the most awesomest, deep post I've ever written!!!)
She explained that in the "early years" people used all manner of things as toilet paper -- sticks, grass, corn cobs, etc. She was trying to give him some additional uses of plants throughout history. Then she explained how fortunate we are that our method of, um, bathroom cleanliness is much, much softer and more practical.
Lindsey watched intently and then said these words that I will never forget:
"Wow, Mommy!!!! Aren't you glad we are in the New Testament and have soft toilet paper! The Old Testament days were hard because they only had sticks for toilet paper! The New Testament is way cooler!!"
Yes, my dear...the Old Testament was ROUGH! :)
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment