Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Today I will not only celebrate my Mom, my Mother-in-Law, and my Grandmother. This is the day I will choose to celebrate me!

I never feel quite like I have earned the title of "Mother" -- do any of us? If you're like me you have a lot of days that tears stream down your face because you wish you had talked more, played more, demanded less, listened more, yelled less, noticed more, cleaned less, and focused more.

But I am a Mother! The day that I became a Mom was the happiest day of my life, outside of my salvation and the day I married the love of my life.

It is worth celebrating!

So as you go about your day and reflect on your own Mom and think of all the wonderful things she has done for you, stop and celebrate yourself. Thank God for His given ministry and mission of motherhood. Ask Him to equip you, empower you and encourage you to walk everyday with wisdom, discernment and most of all, love, for those He has gently and lovingly placed in your care!

That's what I plan to do! I'm going to love on my kids more. I am going to cherish every hug and "I love you, Mom" I get. I am going to treasure any small gift they might give or any handmade card they take the time to make. And I will thank them for giving me the best job in the world -- that of being their Mom!!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: