Thursday, August 12, 2010

He Whispered to Me

First day of school! First day of school! First day of school!

I love that little scene from Finding Nemo when the little clown fish goes to wake up his sleepy dad because he is ready for his first day of school.

That's the way I felt when I woke up this morning at 4:50...yes, I said 4:50!

I started the coffee pot. I put a load of clothes in the washer. I made ham and biscuits for the family. I got my shower at 5:05.

And at 5:30 I started waking my high school boy.

MY HIGH SCHOOL BOY!!!

I cannot believe that my firstborn is off to high school today. It seems like only yesterday that I was rocking him in the wee hours of the morning whispering my hopes and dreams into his tiny little ears. I remember vividly one morning I looked at his little blue eyes and wondered what he would be like on his first day of Kindergarten. I never wondered beyond Kindergarten...my mind couldn't fathom letting go of my priceless gift into the mean old world.

And here we are in high school.

But this morning I remembered what God whispered into my ears that morning in late November of 1995.

"Dori, this child is more Mine than he is yours. I love Him infinitely more than you could ever imagine. I have his days planned out from beginning to end. Not one single hair on his head has not been numbered personally by Me. Wonder all you want about the days ahead, but take them one at a time and know that nothing will come this child's way that hasn't first passed through My very strong right hand. This child is yours but for a moment. He is Mine for eternity."

Praying for all of our children today as they run the race set out for them and do the work that God had planned for them when time began. And praying the same for the rest of us!

"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." Ephesians 1:11-12 The Message

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: