This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long...
I love when God speaks a fresh Word out of something so incredibly familiar. He does that all the time, but today I was reminded of a very specific instance when He made me stop and look at something with fresh eyes. It was at my home church and during our time of worship. Our Worship Pastor broke out into the old hymn, "Blessed Assurance."
As I looked around the room and then deep into the hidden places of my heart, I realized that as we sang chorus after chorus and the volume began to get louder and louder, we weren't merely singing the words of an old familiar hymn in praise to our God, we were doing warfare.
The enemy's main purpose is to undo whatever we have been assured of through our faith in Christ. If Christ tells us that our salvation is safe and secure and that nothing can pluck us out of His hands, the enemy will do everything in His power to convince us that we are at risk -- one mistake away from being condemned.
If our faith in Christ brings about a righteousness that has nothing to do with what we do, but that His righteousness is enough, then the enemy will make us feel as though everything we do and everything we say affects our being accepted by Jesus. It all becomes about performance rather than what Jesus did for us at the Cross.
So as I sang "This is my story, this is my song...," I wasn't just confessing that my testimony is that I will praise Him all the day long. No, I was actually telling the enemy, "THIS is my story, THIS is my song." The enemy may try to throw everything that he can to convince me that my story is one of defeat, bondage, guilt, shame and death. But my story -- the story that faith in Jesus Christ set into motion -- is one of victory, freedom, peace, forgiveness and life!
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine.
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
THIS is my story...THIS is my song...and I will sing it with conviction and confession and in praise to Him all day long! Jesus and the love He has for His children is something that the enemy cannot touch and we are wise to let him know about it every chance we get!
What is YOUR story? What is YOUR song?
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment