Something profound that I heard on Life Today this week was this question: Do we really trust God or do we trust Him to do what we tell Him to do? For example, when I pray am I really praying for God's Will or am I giving God a list of my problems and them telling Him the ways that I want Him to solve those problems.
But interestingly enough, He doesn't give us the guarantee that this world won't have problems. In fact, He assures us that "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33. I love how The Message translates this entire verse:
"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."
The truth is that "for the joy set before us" we can endure anything because our God is in control and we trust that everything He is doing in our life -- everything that is allowed, the good, the bad, the ugly -- is all part of His divine plan to bring us to Himself. We can walk through the trouble that this godless world holds and we can do it standing tall, unshaken, full of blessed assurance and with a ton of peace because He is in control and He is greater than anything that the world can dish out. Job learned this and said that every life is full of a heap of trouble. But I love this quote from my homework in Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman Bible study this morning:
"When we trust our lives to the unseen but ever-present God, He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a great ending." ~ Beth Moore
For the joy set before us, let us trust Him and persevere to the end of our story with our blessed King...a happily ever after!
Blessings,
Dori
No comments:
Post a Comment