Monday, August 4, 2008

Long Weekend

I'm back from a long weekend with the family. I had purchased a ticket to attend the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Simulcast event in Louisville. I bought it almost a year ago, but after attending Deeper Still in Atlanta I felt like it wasn't my time to go. A friend used the ticket and I can't wait to hear all about it from her and what it was like to be there "live" as the event was seen by simulcast in over 700 other churches.

We did, however, take one of the last two weekends before school starts to go on one last little "mini-vacation." This was more of a relaxing time than our trip to Atlanta. While the trip to Georgia was awesome, it was not restful! So we just drove to Lexington, got a hotel, went to a baseball game and the rest of the time we just slowed down a bit and got some rest. In fact, the most enjoyable day I have had in a long time was Saturday:

  • Slept until 9:00 am!

  • Breakfast downstairs at the hotel...in my jammies!

  • Relaxed by the pool.

  • Rested in the room.

  • Early dinner with the family.

  • After dinner? A NAP!

  • Baseball game.

  • Took lots of pictures...of course! We had hoped to do our Christmas card picture somewhere while we were away, but I think we've decided to wait until our October getaway to do that since the leaves will be beautiful.

    On my "TO DO" list today:

  • Catch up on freelance work.

  • Unpack.

  • Wash clothes.

  • Meet Lindsey's new 2nd grade teacher.

  • Work on 2nd grade Sunday School.

  • Start breaking down Taylor's room to paint this weekend.

  • Go work out.

  • Sort through school clothes to get ready --- ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

  • Lofty goals, indeed! I need all the help I can get!!

    I'll leave you with the scripture that I believe God handpicked for me today. I've been overwhelmed with feeling that my time has been wasted of late, that words have been carelessly spoken and that my actions have been less than God-honoring. When that happens, my whole house suffers. This is my scripture memory work for this week. Want to join me in not only hearing it but actually doing it?


    "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 4:7-11)

    Have a blessed Monday!
    Dori

    No comments: