Friday, February 29, 2008

GodStop Friday

Okay, so its Friday and I got my darling daughter up for school. Usually I begin this day by excitedly announcing that "IT'S FRIDAY!!! NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!" To which darling daughter replies in a rather disgusted tone, "Then we have to go to church!!"

Have I mentioned that Lindsey doesn't like church? We're not sure why and it is so hard for me to take because I have loved church all of my life -- I don't remember a time when I didn't love church! Lindsey loves Jesus, but for whatever reason getting her to church is like pulling a tooth. Once she is there, she is fine and has a good time! But getting there is NOT half the fun -- it is sometimes an all out battle!

But this morning? Well, this morning we made a baby step in the right direction. This morning when I made my declaration that today is the last day of school for the week and tomorrow we get to sleep in, she replied not in a disgusted tone but in a reluctantly joyful tone, "Then we have to go to church...and I like church...a little bit. Okay, I like church alot."

And I think I'm well on my way to having another "PTL" entry in my prayer journal!!!

Getting Lindsey to like church even a little bit is a huge GodStop -- something that could only be observed in His presence!

Blessings,
Dori

No comments: